Sunday 10 August 2014

Manchester Press, Melbourne CBD

If I were ever to own a cafe, I would like to open one just like Manchester Press! I loved the chilled out, friendly and casual atmosphere of this cafe. I loved their consistent theme of a workshop feel with large shared tables that are old work benches and the staff wearing industrial aprons. And I loved that they are serious about their coffee, roasting their own beans!


Manchester Press is best known for their bagels with so many varieties to choose from whether you like yours sweet or savoury! On that day, the fruit and nut bagel sounded so appealing to me simply because I couldn't resist anything with berries and pistachio! And yes when I tried it, I was not disappointed at all. It was like eating a very fresh and fruity cheesecake (but with a bagel base). The mascarpone was deliciously creamy and smooth with the juiciness and sourness of fresh berries, perfectly combined with a spice laden bagel. The pistachio nut shavings added another level of texture of subtle crunchiness to the dish.  

Fruit and Nut Bagel - with mix berry mascarpone, fresh raspberries and pistachio nut $13
My friend ordered the apple and muscatel bircher. Say goodbye to boring old breakfast porridge, this bircher was super tasty with a delightful mix of apples, almonds, sour rhubarb and crunchy sesame clusters.  

Apple & Muscatel Bircher - with stewed rhubarb and honey sesame clusters $12
Lastly the coffee. Definitely this place delivered the best coffee while I was in Melbourne. Robust and aromatic...it was a divine blend and roast indeed! Notice also the whimsical touches of latte art too, definitely felt like the coffee was made with such love! 

Cappuccino $3.50
So out of the three cafes I visited while I was in Melbourne, this was by far my favourite with delicious fresh food and rich coffee, chillaxed vibe and simply perfect for any occasion whether it is a date or a girly catchup! The downside is that some may find the menu rather limited as it's mostly all bagels! 

Manchester Press
8 Rankins Lane, Melbourne
Mon - Fri: 7am - 5pm
Sat - Sun: 9am - 5pm


Manchester Press on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment